Monday, 6 January 2014

Going colour



I made an avatar for Geoff for his game, a mermaid to try out the manga style and try my hand for an upcoming anthology and dear Olaf with whom my daughter and I have fallen in love. He is from the disney/pixar movie Frozen. I do like the colour.

I just paid my subscription to 12 x 12 and I am so excited.



I am going to widget it in a minute then do some actual writing. wriggle dance wriggle dance
I have a huge goal in mind for picture books. I currently have 40 ideas in a folder with graphic organisers to flesh them out from their initial one sentence or poem snippet and in February I am joining another picture book idea marathon so I should have another 26-28more ideas and by the end of the year I want 12 complete manuscripts ready to submit and 12 brilliant pitches and illustrations and a really good bio and I believe I can do it.

I have one YA paranormal novel almost ready to submit. A few tweaks and it is ready to fly.
I have one Australian Romance with historical aspects about 20k of submission but I am very happy with it.
I have one horror outline and a couple of short shorts not going anywhere yet.
I have one sci/fi fantasy at 70k still and siting on a shelf for a little while longer.
I have the beginnings of two steam punk novels that need time and effort.

Right now I am concentrating on kid lit ie Children's literature. Picture books. I love picture books.

I have done my second 'Start the year off write' prompt and was very pleased with the results. Cutting excess words and reworking with more active language is an excellent practice.