Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Going colour



I made an avatar for Geoff for his game, a mermaid to try out the manga style and try my hand for an upcoming anthology and dear Olaf with whom my daughter and I have fallen in love. He is from the disney/pixar movie Frozen. I do like the colour.

I just paid my subscription to 12 x 12 and I am so excited.



I am going to widget it in a minute then do some actual writing. wriggle dance wriggle dance
I have a huge goal in mind for picture books. I currently have 40 ideas in a folder with graphic organisers to flesh them out from their initial one sentence or poem snippet and in February I am joining another picture book idea marathon so I should have another 26-28more ideas and by the end of the year I want 12 complete manuscripts ready to submit and 12 brilliant pitches and illustrations and a really good bio and I believe I can do it.

I have one YA paranormal novel almost ready to submit. A few tweaks and it is ready to fly.
I have one Australian Romance with historical aspects about 20k of submission but I am very happy with it.
I have one horror outline and a couple of short shorts not going anywhere yet.
I have one sci/fi fantasy at 70k still and siting on a shelf for a little while longer.
I have the beginnings of two steam punk novels that need time and effort.

Right now I am concentrating on kid lit ie Children's literature. Picture books. I love picture books.

I have done my second 'Start the year off write' prompt and was very pleased with the results. Cutting excess words and reworking with more active language is an excellent practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3