Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Flat week Wednesday

I have not ...start that again...in retrospect I have done several things this week. I wrote an opening for a new novel, I won midweek blues buster, I sent a query to an editor, I threw out lots of things and gave away even more and I managed to see a couple of movies. I think my problem is that I have not done any art and that is causing me some consternation. Well I have done some preliminary sketches but not a whole piece of art so I will go do that. My chapterbook is slightly on hold. I wrote out answers to an  interview and emailed it and I attended a seminar online so not really such a light weight week as I tell myself. I also did domestic duty.

The seminar was about making videos for promotion and run by the lovely Katie Davis of http://katiedavis.com/ who has her own youtube channel and teaches people to make videos. Video Idiot Boot Camp is what she runs and she seems to do a dandy job of helping people gain the best out of their videos. I will be making book trailers in the not too distant future so it would be a good skill to add to my kit.

So what else have I done this week of significance? Had visitors, ate good food with people when I went visiting, organised appointments, supervised assessment tasks, did some exercise and oh lots of teensy weensy things that build up into a whole week but I feel like I haven't done enough. I did write another flash fiction yesterday for week 52 mid week blues buster. There are a couple of competitions coming up and a launch part and of course a chapter book to write. Not to mention art. Time to go do art I think.  watch this space for uploads.  

I'll just put this up to brag for another few minutes. :) Okay art art art here I come.


1 comment:

  1. How funny, YOU ofall people thinking you haven't done much. P.S. congratulations :*}*. !* , my interpretation of fireworks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3