Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Ubiquitous Underwear

ubiquitous
adjective
adjective: ubiquitous
1.
present, appearing, or found everywhere.
"his ubiquitous influence was felt by all the family"
 synonyms:Omnipresent, ever-present, present everywhere, everywhere, all over, all over the place, pervasive, all-pervasive, universal, worldwide, global. 



A good set of undies should never leave the wearer feeling their ubiquitous nature. Good underwear should been so comfortable it makes no impact on the wearers attention. 


That was my deep and meaningful community message for the day. 


More Art. 52 week challenge. Horse of course


The only horse words I could find beginning with U are
Unshod
No shoes or barefoot
Unsound
A horse with significant lameness or other health problem
and I have not used one bit of umber in my art.


a rocking horse. We have a rocking horse that has been part of our family landscape for decades. I went to have it refurbished but the person who does such mending wanted to charge me more to refurbish than to purchase a new one. 
 The year of the horse in Chinese zodiac is often symbolized by horse ornaments like this one.



this is a horses eye. I am not sure I managed the reflection across the pupil as well as I would like but it is not bad for a first try.
RhyPiBoMo. the lesson for today is not yet up so nothing here apart from my usual reading and playing with poetry. I may come back and add it in later this evening.
Blogging my book has to wait a few hours too so I will be back.








8 comments:

  1. I loved the rocking chair! Very pretty. Is it wooden? If it is perhaps you can refinish it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wooden but needs a new mane and tail and stirrups. It has had many many children love it over the years.

      Delete
  2. I learnt about ubiquitous back in the day when I worked as a business IT journalist and developers where talking about ubiquitous connectivity. Back then, the idea of the everpresent connectivity sounded so great. It was only later that I realise that sometimes, I do want to be disconnected from the WWW; to just be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is very good to have some non web time. I have been building in art and fresh air time to my day and the last couple of Sundays not turned it on at all. My son is a games developer so the internet(and computers) runs 24 hours a day in my house but I like to have my computer off now and then.

      Delete
  3. I love being unshod in the summer on the beach. My favorite place in all the land! Now, my undies..well, sometimes they are ubiquitous and sometimes, not so much. =P

    Thanks so much for the visit to my blog!

    Elsie
    AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to be unshod too especially on the beach. I live near the beach but unfortunately don't get there often enough. I was being so silly today with the Undies but could not resist. :) Thank you for your reciprocal visit.

      Delete
  4. Hah! I like your deep and meaningful community message for the day. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3