Thursday, 12 June 2014

I am so excited

even when my x key is reluctant to work first time around.

It is only the 12th day of the month and I have managed to write around 36000 words so far this. I completed one novel and sent it out to my beta readers and I sent out a novella which appears to have met approval with the editors and I have begun a new story in the Fantasy genre.

I am not blogging as frequently and I have eased out of most of my little challenges because they are not adding to my word count. I will write a few more short pieces over the next few days so I can move the little project to the completed file.

I still have art to make and have even neglected that this week which is not good.

I am going to review a few books too just as a palette cleanser.

I am eminently satisfied with finishing that novel because it symbolises something important about my life and gives me a sense that I am moving into a new phase of my life now. I completed it. From start to finish, one page at a time, I finished it. It may need tweaks and clean ups, it may need slight rewrites, it may need a dedication page but the story is complete. This for me feels mightier than completing a university degree.