Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

I am so excited

even when my x key is reluctant to work first time around.

It is only the 12th day of the month and I have managed to write around 36000 words so far this. I completed one novel and sent it out to my beta readers and I sent out a novella which appears to have met approval with the editors and I have begun a new story in the Fantasy genre.

I am not blogging as frequently and I have eased out of most of my little challenges because they are not adding to my word count. I will write a few more short pieces over the next few days so I can move the little project to the completed file.

I still have art to make and have even neglected that this week which is not good.

I am going to review a few books too just as a palette cleanser.

I am eminently satisfied with finishing that novel because it symbolises something important about my life and gives me a sense that I am moving into a new phase of my life now. I completed it. From start to finish, one page at a time, I finished it. It may need tweaks and clean ups, it may need slight rewrites, it may need a dedication page but the story is complete. This for me feels mightier than completing a university degree.

4 comments:

  1. There are as many words if not more than the words needed for your masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecilia .. well done on finishing the novel - and it is obviously very important to you - moving on slowly is the best way ... enjoy what you're doing that's the main thing .. all the best as the summer continues .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary. It has been an amazing and momentous journey on many levels.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3