Sunday, 9 August 2015

Stymied

I haven't written a blog for weeks. I panicked. I hit overload on advice. I can't have too many images or it wont open on hand held devices. I should make it more author focussed. I shouldn't waffle on about family things. I can't do this and I can't do that. I need to link to this that and the other platform social media outlet. My art should not link to where I have it linked to. I have too many badges. I need more tabs. I need a website. I should get an author page. I should put up writing samples and do this business thing and that business thing and and and and WHEN DO I GET TO JUST WRITE?

I came to a screeching halt on my childrens writing projects because frankly I was not feeling encouraged in any of my paid forums... my work was too this, not enough that, too the other and not blah.

I stopped sending to the reviewing forum because the last feedback was so scathing it felt like a personal attack and I was just too scared to send anything else.

I haven't made any art because where do I share it? I have been inundated with horror stories of stolen art work. I just want to create beautiful things to share. I don't mind if people borrow things I share online but I was so overloaded with advice and suggestions and non creative stuff I haven't felt like making art.

Of course the biggest hurdle to creativity is myself comparing my work to others - unfavourably- of course.

So now I have had a little rant to break my doldrums I shall get back to creating and let the rest take care of itself.

May your creative blocks be easily overcome.

 Love HUG and gentle things.