Tuesday, 28 October 2014

I won't do it, I haven't got the time.







I won't do it, I haven't got the time.

I don’t do Halloween.
 No pumpkins, brooms or witches
I don’t like monsters and ghosts just leave me cold
I can’t abide those costumes with red and stripy britches
I don’t like snotty brats knocking on my door 
I won’t give treats to kids, who really don’t deserve it
The giggling and screeching
those tippy tappy footsteps
 annoying high pitched laughs, oh
It all gives me a headache and
the things that really scare me
are the creak I heard upstairs
A footfall and a loud tick tock
I live alone and have no clock.
I don’t do Halloween. 
  
(word count excluding title 99)

My entry for Susanna Leonard Hill's


The 4th Annual HALLOWEENSIE CONTEST!!!!!
courtesy google images
The Contest:  write a 100 word Halloween story appropriate for children (title not included in the 100 words), using the words pumpkinbroomstick, and creak.   Your story can be poetry or prose, scary, funny or anything in between, but it will only count for the contest if it includes those 3 words and is 100 words (you can go under, but not over!)  Get it?  Halloweensie - because it's not very long and it's for little people :)  (And yes, I know 100 words is short but that's part of the fun and the challenge!  We got nearly 80 fantastic entries last year so I know you can do it!)  Also, you may use the words in any form - e.g. creak, creaky, creaks, creaking, creaked.