Pages

Monday 16 November 2015

Terry Pratchett's Hat

I went to an event to meet Rob Wilkins at Dymocks in Melbourne on  Wednesday 30th of September.
 ROB WILKINS
was Terry Pratchett's right hand man, and he came to Dymocks Melbourne to talk with fans about his friend and employer.
 Rob spoke of the many unfinished works, the life and death of Terry Pratchett and his love of the man and his work. Rob had the audience in tears as he spoke with fondness of his friend and several people in the audience shared their own stories of Terry and his influence in their lives.

For me Terry Pratchett was pivotal in helping me realise that I was well read. I aspire to being able to write with such skill and mastery of the language as he displayed but know that by simply being a fan of Terry Pratchett and the disc world I am already a better writer for being a better reader. I thank my dear friend Daniel Farrugia for first introducing me to the Disc World. 

Rob had Terry's last hat with him on the night. He spoke of Terry's favourite milliner and how Terry would often have three or four hats made each year but that the last hat was the one he had been given at the Sydney Disc world convention. Fans gave Terry his first black akubra and he wore that hat for the last years of his life.



Me wearing Terry Pratchett's last hat. Feeling the honour and leaking from the eyes.

Terry Pratchett's akubra

Venue
Dymocks Melbourne
Lower Ground Level
234 Collins Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000

Terry Pratchett left a marvelous legacy for the University of South Australia. Which you can read all about at http://www.unisa.edu.au/Media-Centre/Releases/Perpetual-Sir-Terry-Pratchett-Scholarship-announced-for-UniSA/
Goodbye Terry Pratchett. Thank you.
International best-selling author the late Sir Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3