Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

June is already speeding up

Someone lent me this book and it sat on my shelf gathering dust. I tried to return it to the library unread because I forgot where it came from but they gave it back to me, then in one of those, damn I have nothing to read, moments I picked it up and within the first chapter had become a Scott Lynch fan. So I am off to purchase my own copy, send this borrowed one home to the person who lent it to me with a whole letter outlining why it should be read and why they need to become a fan too. The characters became real for me, I was cheering for them and dreadfully unhappy at the sad bits and quite intrigued by the absent character only hinted at. I liked that the author lets me have room and doesn't preach at me and let me be immersed in this world and the social structures within the small part of it this episode takes place in. I knew it could not possibly end on the last page and was overjoyed to find there are more books. Scott Lynch I need to clear a space for you on my favourites book shelf.




in the 52 week challenge we were invited to participate in an art swap so I now have a secret recipient of a piece of art from my 52 week submissions. The hardest part is going to be choosing which piece to send.
I will let you know which one I decide on.


My stories have all been on hold while I went on my 1500 km trip around Victoria over the weekend and now have to spend a little time recovering from that much travel because I am not as fit as I would like to be so stories on the morrow. I think I will go hide in the library and type for a few days and just come home to eat and sleep. :)

speaking of sleep I managed to slip past midnight without noticing so I best go to bed. Nighty night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3