Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

23rd January 2014

Today will be a good day. The sun is shining, birds are warbling and cawing, the breeze is soft and gentle. The daughter was up bright and early to go to work experience. She even made me a cup of tea. I have been slathering lanolin and zinc on my face and it seems to have 'cooled off' the heat in my cheek. no word on a surgery date as yet.
My darling Paula and Adele made me a calico teddy for my birthday and embroidered it. I love hand crafted things and I am so in awe of people who can do wonderful things with textiles.


How awesome is that? I have a hand made lace table cloth which is possibly 100+ years old and a beautiful comforter on my bed which is quilted by a friend and gifted to me as a birthday present and another friend is making me a crochet shawl. I had a dolly given to dear daughter one year with a whole crocheted outfit in white and yellow, socks, nickers, petticoat, hat and dress. Sadly the doll went missing along with a whole box of porcelain dolls belonging to her when we moved to our current house but I digress from my amazement at the marvelous skills of people who can knit and sew and embroider. I have quite a number of friends who are quilters and I greatly admire the skills of their hands. I am simply too impatient for hand crafts which take such dedication and patience. Which is a silly statement when I think about it because it takes hundreds of hours for me to create a novel with all its convoluted twists and weaving of character and plot. It is interesting that writing a story is often referred to as weaving and I guess they are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3