Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

questions to ask myself and a little pep talk


"A book is made from a tree. It is an assemblage of flat, flexible parts (still called "leaves") imprinted with dark pigmented squiggles. One glance at it and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for thousands of years. Across the millennia, the author is speaking clearly and silently, inside your head, directly to you. Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time, proof that humans can work magic."

- Carl Sagan


The Writer's Whip(FB) asks:

AnIMPORTANT QUESTION. In terms of your writing career, tools, space, knowledge and achievements:
What are you missing? space to work especially to set up my art so I dont need to keep shifting it to eat
What don't you have? an agent, a contract, a secretary
What do you dream about? meeting aliens, my characters, storylines...oh what are my career goals, well regular published work that enables me to stay home and write more regular published work, a speaking tour, writer/artist in residence speaking gigs, giving motivational talks, travel, more time to draw and paint, regular publish work which is anticipated eagerly by a reading public
What would you change if you could? my house, my car, my income
What would you like to achieve? my writing paying the rent within months, the sale of several novels within six months, picture book contracts including art work...
Who would you like to meet? al yankovic, terry pratchett,a lot of interesting people
What would you like to learn? How do do a lot of technical things like build a website, link to things, use twit effectively, use digital art tools, use my smart pen, marketing...
What do you need? A secretary, an agent, a contract

Is it time to write? Yes!
Connections with industry? Gaining and learning
Beta readers? Several already keen to read my work
A finished novel? on its way
More motivation/focus? yes
Respect? Definitely
Recognition? Of course
Courage? definitely
Money? that is a definite benefit
A community?yes A new computer? yes A proper home library? yes Support? yes Craft knowledge? always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3